An Unforgettable Experience
The story goes that just four months after World War 1 came to a conclusion, Henri Van Lerberghe arrived at the start of the 1919 De Ronde straight from his military post and lined up for the race after borrowing the bike of a friend. As the race progressed, in Ichtegem, Van Lerberghe took all the favourites by surprise, attacking on a hill and opening a sizeable gap which the other couldn’t close despite their concerted effort.
With the velodrome of Ghent in sight – where the Ronde van Vlaanderen was due to finish – after seven tough hours in the saddle, during which not even a train at a railroad crossing could halt his pursuit for glory – the Belgian stopped at a pub and ordered several blond beers, in celebration of his success, knowing that the chasers were too far away. It took his coach to drag Henri out of the bar and put him back on the bike, so he could enter the velodrome and do his lap of honor, almost fifteen minutes before the other riders finally arrived in Ghent.
How much of this story is true and how much is just legend? It really doesn’t matter; what’s important is that it’s this kind of feats that have shaped the myth and helped Ronde van Vlaanderen become one of the best sporting events in the world, a race which forged careers, a race watched every year on-site by hundreds of thousands passionate fans.
Are you one of those fans? Are you dreaming about testing your legs on the iconic course of De Ronde and experiencing from front row how the pros tackle the tough terrain of cobbled roads and punchy hills mixed with crosswinds, rain and mud in the battle for glory at this great spring Monument?
We are proud that we are able to invite a select group of people to join us for a monumental weekend, this spring, at Ronde van Vlaanderen, a race which dates back to 1913. A former high-profile pro rider as special guide, start number for the amazing amateur race We Ride Flanders and an exclusive VIP race experience of the pro race – you will have it all!
As a team deeply rooted in the region of Flanders, Ronde van Vlaanderen is our home field and the race has become part of our DNA, like we have become a symbol of Ronde van Vlaanderen, in the modern era. Since Deceuninck - Quick-Step’s inception in 2003, the team has won no less than seven times here - each time adding a memorable page to the event’s history book – an effort no other team has been able to outmatch since pre-WW2 days. The most recent win came in the 2018 season when Niki Terpstra perfectly timed an attack in the deep final, which saw him bridge away and solo in to take a beautiful Ronde van Vlaanderen victory.
We are looking forward to having you on board and enjoying a great time together!
Alvaro - Brazil
Travelling is a temporary visit to different worlds. The Wolfpack Bike Experience is a unique opportunity to get an inside peek at a top pro cycling team family for a few days. Cycling is known as a very open community; athletes and teams are very close to their fans. The Deceuninck - Quick-Step Team welcomed me as part of their family for dinners, training rides and a visit to their service course and training facilities. If only I were 40 years younger and had much more cycling talent, it would have been great to continue with the team onto other races.
Your Wolfpack Bike Experience Includes
- 4 nights stay in a 4-star hotel (Team hotel during Tour of Flanders)
- Daily breakfast
- Lunch included
- 4 dinners
- Guided bike tour with former high profile pro rider
- Professional mechanic
- Professional massage
- Bike set-up
- Specialized bike available on demand (Electric bikes as well)
- Supporting vehicle during the rides
- Entry to Tour of Flanders Cyclo Sportive 2020 - We Ride Flanders
- Official Deceuninck - Quick-Step cycling kit (jersey, shorts, socks, race cap)
- Official Deceuninck - Quick-Step supporter kit (podium cap, t-shirt, sweat jacket)
- Energy bars and drinks
- Official meet&greet with Deceuninck - Quick-Step Team
- Press conference with Deceuninck - Quick-Step Team
- Dinner with Deceuninck - Quick-Step Team (last evening)
- In the race experience with minivans, 3 passages and luxury picnic
- Breakfast on a special location and access to team zone on the race day
- Transfers between all destinations
- Basic medical insurance
Day 1 - Thursday - 02/04 - Arrival
- Welcome reception and short briefing
- Receive cycling kit
- Dinner at hotel
Day 2 - Friday - 03/04 - Experience Flanders
- Meet & greet with a special guest (former pro rider) – photos, autographs, etc.
- Transfer to Oudenaarde, bike fit and breakfast
- Guided bike tour with former pro rider
- Transfer to Deceuninck for meet&greet and official press conference with the team
- Transfer back to the hotel
- Possibility for a sport massage at the hotel
- Dinner at team hotel
Day 3 - Saturday - 04/04 - We Ride Flanders
- Transfer to Oudenaarde
- Start of Ronde van Vlaanderen Cyclo - We Ride Flanders (74km/142km/177km)
- Possiblity for a sport massage at the hotel
Day 4 - Sunday - 05/04 - Experience Tour of Flanders
- Breakfast and transfer to Antwerp for the start of the Ronde van Vlaanderen Pro Race
- Breakfast on a special location
Access to the pre-start area of Deceuninck - Quick-Step Team
- Transportation in minivans along the track of Ronde Van Vlaanderen with 3 passages
- Luxury picnic along the way
- Watch the end of the race live on screens
- Dinner at Oudenaarde together with the Deceuninck-Quick-Step team
- Transfer back to the hotel
- Night at the hotel
Day 5 - Monday - 06/04
End of the program (breakfast still included)
We Ride Flanders - With Wolfpack Bike Experience
Saturday 4th April 2019 will be a day to remember! Are you ready? 24 hours before the pros, thousands of cyclists from around the world will race the amateur edition of Ronde van Vlaanderen - and you will be one of them! You will test the punchy climbs and iconic cobblestones when riding your bike through the beautiful but demanding roads of the Flemish countryside and experience the unique atmosphere of "We Ride Flanders". You will be transported to the start in Oudenaarde, where our driver will wait and meet you after the finish. We make sure everything is planned so you can concentrate on the most important things; pedalling and enjoying a fantastic experience.
You can choose between these distances:
Contact us in order to get more information.
Thank you for your registration. You will soon receive a confirmation mail in your mailbox.
|DATES||02/04 to 06/04|
|ENTRY TO||We Ride Flanders|
|EXPERIENCE||Ronde van Vlaanderen|
|SIGN UP||Before Januari 31st|